• 437-987-2244
  • MON - FRI FROM 10 AM TO 4 PM

SAFETY REMINDERS

by John April on November 21, 2021

SAFETY REMINDERS:

Get lit without getting burned. Here are a few helpful safety reminders to making the most of your burn

DON'T BURN NEXT TO KIDS, PETS, FLAMMABLES 

Burn your candles on a non-flammable surface where they are in sight. Never leave a burning candle unattended. It helps to keep it away from a draft so that the flame does not risk carrying and helps to burn more evenly. 

STORING YOUR CANDLE 

Because you purchased a beautiful clean candle made with all-natural waxes, free of dyes and additives, our candles can be a little bit sensitive. Temperature and light can affect the appearance of candles due to the natural wax and fragrance oils. Be sure to store in a cool, dry place away from any direct sunlight. A cupboard is perfect or in a dark room or closet. It is always good to keep the candle in its original box and with the dust cover to protect it from discoloration, fading, and collecting dust. 

KNOW WHEN TO SAY GOODBYE & STOP BEFORE YOU GET BURNED

We recommend to not burn your candle for more than 2-3 hours. You can extinguish your candle simply by blowing it out or using a bell snuffer (yes - if you didn't already know or have them, there are candle accessories out there!) If your candle comes with a lid or topper, you can also use this to extinguish your flame by preventing oxygen to fuel it. 

Wait an additional 2 hours before you begin to burn again as this gives the wax time to cool and will prolong your burn time. 

STOP BURNING WHEN THERE IS LESS THAN 1/4" OF WAX LEFT IN THE GLASS 

When the majority of the wax has been consumed, the flame will heat the container making the bottom of the jar hot. To prevent possible heat damage to your container and surface, stop burning after only 1/4" of your candle is left.

BACK TO TOP